Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter tool _wrong result

nphuong84
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

Do you have the problem issue like me. I used the filter tool for the column for which value is greater than 1240, but the True result still have some result are 1240. I don't know what is the reason?

Thanks

Phuong

9 REPLIES 9
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nphuong84 

Can you check your data type of the column you're filtering on? It's likely it's not a numeric data type (double etc.) which could be causing your issue.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

nphuong84
7 - Meteor
Hi Jonathan, I used the Double data type, is it correct? Thanks Phuong
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nphuong84,

If the data type is correct which operator are you using? If you dont want to include 1240 then you should be > 1240 and not >= 1240

Could you share your workflow?

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

nphuong84
7 - Meteor

Hi Jonathan,

Here is my workflow, could you please help to check the result true mean >1240 but this still contain the number 1240.

Thanks

Phuong

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nphuong84,

Could you please package up your workflow or attach the two supporting files?

Regards,

Jonathan

nphuong84
7 - Meteor

Hi Jonathan,

Please kindly refer to the attached files as below:

Thanks & Regards

Phuong

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @nphuong84 ,

it seems to be a problem related to the internal representation of the double data type. If you round the field to filter on, it will work (I did this in your workflow, used 2 decimals and it seems to work fine). Hope this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

nphuong84
7 - Meteor

Hi  @RolandSchubert ,

It works, thanks for your advice. I will use the round function whenever I want to get the correct value, so that I can get the correct result when I use tools in Alteryx.

Best Regards

Phuong

Labels