Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

Filter tool _wrong result

nphuong84
Meteor

Hi everyone,

Do you have the problem issue like me. I used the filter tool for the column for which value is greater than 1240, but the True result still have some result are 1240. I don't know what is the reason?

Thanks

Phuong

9 ANTWORTEN 9
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nphuong84 

Can you check your data type of the column you're filtering on? It's likely it's not a numeric data type (double etc.) which could be causing your issue.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

nphuong84
Meteor
Hi Jonathan, I used the Double data type, is it correct? Thanks Phuong
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nphuong84,

If the data type is correct which operator are you using? If you dont want to include 1240 then you should be > 1240 and not >= 1240

Could you share your workflow?

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

nphuong84
Meteor

Hi Jonathan,

Here is my workflow, could you please help to check the result true mean >1240 but this still contain the number 1240.

Thanks

Phuong

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nphuong84,

Could you please package up your workflow or attach the two supporting files?

Regards,

Jonathan

nphuong84
Meteor

Hi Jonathan,

Please kindly refer to the attached files as below:

Thanks & Regards

Phuong

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @nphuong84 ,

it seems to be a problem related to the internal representation of the double data type. If you round the field to filter on, it will work (I did this in your workflow, used 2 decimals and it seems to work fine). Hope this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

nphuong84
Meteor

Hi  @RolandSchubert ,

It works, thanks for your advice. I will use the round function whenever I want to get the correct value, so that I can get the correct result when I use tools in Alteryx.

Best Regards

Phuong

Beschriftungen