community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

numbers outputting "-3.7E-11" and I just want "0"

Meteor

Hey guys,

I am pulling account balances from excel and some are outputting in the form "-##.#E-##". It should output "0", and I want to see if there is a formula to look for this "E-" in the output to write an if to change it to "0". Thanks!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hey @all163 

That usually means that the number is too big to fit in the cell.....try making a fixed decimal to see what the actual number is....then you can change it to zero if you want to

Alteryx
Alteryx

This is an abbreviation of a very small number. If you want it rounded to an integer you can change the data type with a select tool and it will round to the nearest whole number. If you want to round to a number of decimal places, you can use a fixed decimal data type and change the number after the decimal to however many places you would like. 

Meteor

I cannot edit it at the input point because I run this platform weekly with new data, can I do that in alteryx?

Alteryx
Alteryx

You can change this after the data is brought in by using a select tool and changing the data type from the drop down.

test.png

Meteor

My apologies, I missed you said by adding a select tool. That worked! So easy, thanks!

Labels