Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter not working with multiple lines

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

How do I filter my dataset properly? It seems like my numbers on each line arent being included in the filter?

Is there a quick fix to get them all in order?

thanks.

Green the filter is working fine.

red filters are not working because I think they are not in the same line.

wonka1234_1-1659537088742.png

2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @wonka1234,

Your right the reason they are not being included is that the new line is included in the parameter, eg. its searching for "newline 8211". To get it to work just remove the new line so it just looks for "8211". Alternatively I would just use the join tool instead of a filter here.

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Ira is right about there shouldn't be a line return between your numbers, it's not like the code from an  IF/THEN.  Remove the line returns in your  "IN" statement list. 

Next, How long is your list?  Is it always the same list or is it dynamic?  If it's very long OR dynamic, then I'd think about having it in a file and doing a join to act as your filter as Ira mentions above. Is there is a shorter list of what it's  'not'?  That might also be a consideration to filter on a shorter list. Are there patterns of matches ? For example anything starting with 8?  Different approaches depending on exactly what you're working with. 

Labels