Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fill the metric which is duplicated with 0 or average so that the aggregate makes sense

pachopra
7 - Meteor

I have a report where one of the metric shows multiple times because its at a higher grain in another dataset which was joined to the original dataset at a product level. How can I fill the duplicated rows with 0 or an average of the number in those rows impacted so that my metric total makes sense. I need two kinds of output if possible. Thank you for the assistance

4 REPLIES 4
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @pachopra 

Here is one way to get to your second output. Is output 1 meant to be input and output 2 meant to be output?

Can you please clarify?

gautiergodard_0-1668133722598.png

pachopra
7 - Meteor

Hello - I will try your solution but to clarity no output 1 and output 2 are just two ways to get to the desired goal of getting the aggregate total correctly. Is there a way to get output 1 from the original input

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@pachopra got it, sorry i missed the rows all the way at the top.

here is the solution for both.

if you want to add a total row, you can use a summarize tool and sum the entire column.

hope this helps!

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@pachopra one way of doing this

binuacs_0-1668150362661.png

Labels