Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Tool Error | "Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret =8, desc - Weird server reply"

sbanerjee1998
5 - Atom

Hello All,

I'm trying to configure an email tool. After reaching out to my organization's IT team, I have been able to configure the email tool with the SMTP details successfully. However, the email tool works intermittently. Sometimes it runs without any issues, but on other occasions, it throws an error with the description -

"Error: Email (73): Record#1: Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret = 8, desc = Weird server reply"

I understand there's another community post (Solved: Weird Server Reply error message - Alteryx Community) where the real root cause wasn't uncovered.

If anyone has any idea about how to avoid this error, it would be much appreciated. Please do let me know.

P.S. - I'm unable to attach an image of the configuration due to certain restrictions. Below is the configuration of the email tool:

1. Encryption - None
2. Use SMTP Authentication is not enabled.

Thank you.

Siddharth

12 REPLIES 12
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I need help as well.

was on 2021.3 for the past year and no issues with email tool.

we have upgraded to 2022.3 and now both desktop and server is getting the same time out error message.

smtp server configuration has stayed the same, only change that we implemented last week was the upgrade in Alteryx.

There has to be a way to find the root cause and Address this quickly 

jjoerger
7 - Meteor

We are on 22.3 and having the same issue.

Sandhya
5 - Atom

I am facing Email (30): Record#1: Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret = 6, desc = Couldn't resolve host name. Can anyone help me with this

Labels