Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ESRI File Geodatabase

mingru
5 - Atom

Hi, I am a beginner user of spatial data and using Alteryx to handle spatial data. I have two questions regarding Alteryx's connection to ESRI File geodatabase.

For my project, I received two ESRI File geodatabase. I was able to connect with one via "Data sources" option - ESRI GeoDatabase. However, I got error message for the other one. 

- Error: You have found a bug. Replicate, then let us know. We shall fix it soon. 

For the one that I was able to connect, I can see a list of tables. Is there more data that can be viewed? How to filter the data by geography?  I am lacking the basic knowledge of geodatabase. Really appreciate helps!!

Thanks, 

Mingru 

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This might help in understanding what a geodatabase is: https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/geodatabases/what-is-a-geodatabase.htm

"At its most basic level, an ArcGIS geodatabase is a collection of geographic datasets of various types held in a common file system folder, a Microsoft Access database, or a multiuser relational DBMS (such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Informix, or IBM DB2). Geodatabases come in many sizes, have varying numbers of users and can scale from small, single-user databases built on files up to larger workgroup, department, and enterprise geodatabases accessed by many users."

mingru
5 - Atom

Thanks, I have found similar resources to explain the concept. I want to know how can I do with the data using Alteryx. Thanks!!

Also I am wondering what's the process of solving a bug? 

Labels