Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input not using the file selected in File Browse - how to fix?

rachaelkertes
7 - Meteor

Hey, I have a pretty simple workflow set up which was running correct when I finished it. It's set up as an App to upload a Excel file each week, and process the data and create a table in BigQuery. The workflow is still running successfully with no errors, however the browse tool and the data table in bigquery and not populating with the correct data - they are populating with the data from the excel doc I originally used to set up the workflow (I can tell because this was dated 02/10 and my new file is 16/10). 

I believe the issue is because of the Dynamic Input tool, this still references the origin 1002 file in the "Input Data Source Template" section - how do I fix this so the dynamic input looks for the same file as the one selected in the File Browse?

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can we see your configuration here:

image.png

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
korva
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue. I have a template data source that is always the output, regardless of what file is input into the file browse tool. I am not sure if the issue is in the File Browse or the Dynamic Input, but here is the Dynamic Input configuration. All files being used are .xlsx

Screenshot 2023-10-26 112840.png

rachaelkertes
7 - Meteor

here is the config for Dynamic Input. 

I can only run the flow successfully if I update both input and dynamic input to the newest file. 

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yup

image.png

You've got the change the path - otherwise you're referencing the sheetname of the file you are referencing WITHIN the dynamic input tool.

Please find the following to help:

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels