Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Filter with additional sheets to render

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I am not too sure if this issue has been asked before.

I have an use case where I have to render multiple files with conditional formatting at once. Each file has to contain 3 sheets. I am doing it for 30 countries but i have extracted two countries for this help topic.

But I will only need to filter the first sheet by country and the other two sheets do not need to be filtered.

The end result is:

- USA file with sheet1 results containing USA records and the other two sheets

- Canada file with sheet1 results containing Canada records and the other same two sheets

I have uploaded the desired output file results too

josiahgoh_0-1683698781891.png

How can I group 1st sheet of each file by country and add the other two sheets into these files dynamically? Is there a way i can duplicate the table tool for the unfiltered sheets?

2 REPLIES 2
Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

Hi @josiahgoh 

Here is one way:  Split to two streams / add file name / Union back together.

Annotation 2023-05-10 102549.jpg

Hope this helps. 

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Hi Clifford,

Thank you for your solution.

I think this is quite manual and i am wondering if there is a way to do it more dynamically.

My use case is actually for 30 countries but i am just using two countries for this help topic first.

Labels