Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow gets tied up

CherylH
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

How can I identify why a workflow freezes up?  The workflow worked yesterday and today it is freezing up about 1/4 of the way through it.    I have used Excel to run some formulas in hopes that is what is causing it-nope.  Then again why use Excel when Alteryx should be doing the work.  

Any ideas are appreciate.  

Cheryl

3 REPLIES 3
seth_fuller
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Cheryl!

When you say it freezes up, do you mean Alteryx itself freezes and you have to restart? You dont have the original files open when running the workflow right?

Seth

CherylH
8 - Asteroid

Seth,

Alteryx is running, over an hour.  Last time it ran it was less than 1 minute.   I hit stop button.  

I have always had files input files open when running workflow-did close them all and it still freezes. 

Noticed a formula had a field size of a very, very large #,  changed to 128 characters.  Still freezes at same point in workflow.

terry10
12 - Quasar

@CherylH   I sometimes see a similar issue, but it's not due to Alteryx, it's due to my OneDrive syncing up files and consuming my laptop's resources. I pause OneDrive and the Alteryx workflow resumes.  Have you looked to see if there is another process competing with Alteryx?

Labels