Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Tool - Error due to internal Internet Explorer settings required

choward
7 - Meteor

My company has implemented Alteryx Server in a production environment for our client. The client has disabled and does not support Internet Explorer. Due to client internal policy the client will not disable group security settings to allow IE to be used.

When using the Download tool, the download tool is hard coded to utilize IE settings to make cURL calls. The environment already has EDGE as the default browser, but this is an Alteryx Designer configuration. There is no Designer setting to change which browser is used. Designer is programmed to use IE. Essentially the cURL is blocked when it attempts to hit IE. We have tested the download tool and the created query on a separate system with zero issues. The problem is that in the environment we are implementing in we cannot use IE.

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @choward 

Never saw this problem, but i think this is at least a worth try test. Add the User-Agent parameter on the header of the download tool with the value Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1672400640649.png

choward
7 - Meteor

The assigned Alteryx engineer tried that, and that is how we found out that the cURL was going through IE. I'm looking for an option to make API calls for PAI from Alteryx Designer without using the download tool.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@choward have you tried the python/R tool?

choward
7 - Meteor

@Felipe_Ribeir0 

Yes, we tested python and still it was blocked due to the IE settings

choward
7 - Meteor

This issue was caused by:;

The client firewall prevented direct access to URLs. Alteryx Designer uses the IE proxy settings to for cURLs. 

The proxy must be enabled and configured

The AMP Engine must be disabled. There is a bug in the AMP engine that causes the cURL to bypass the proxy and hit the firewall directly.

We used wireshark, and a real time view of the firewall with network support to "see" the bypass happen.

After we disabled the AMP engine the API was successful.

Labels