Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory and Input tools not picking up text files

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

I have a set of text files in a directory that I want to input. I have been using a workflow that has been working successfully up until a few days ago. I tried dragging and dropping a single file, and it pulls in correctly, but when I add wild cards (*) to the file name, I get no results.

This filepath works: D:\Users\Phoebe.Kelley\OneDrive - Whole Foods Market\Desktop\VIP File Staging for Upload to TD\28925_ITEM_105507.txt

But this one returns nothing: D:\Users\Phoebe.Kelley\OneDrive - Whole Foods Market\Desktop\VIP File Staging for Upload to TD\*_ITEM_*

I also tried using a directory tool to get a list of the filenames, but that returns nothing as well.

5 REPLIES 5
Wesley Mendonca
8 - Asteroid

Hi @phoebe_kelley. Can you see if this "D:\" is a nickname for you directory? If yes, you should use the original name.

And you can also use two tools that can make the same : "Directory"  and conect it with "Dinamyc input" tool.                                                                                                                     

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

@Wesley Mendonca , thanks for the reply, but no, D:\ is what it looks like in the file explorer too (this is an Amazon workspace, so my default desktop is not in the C: drive). I tried moving the files to my desktop as well (rather than OneDrive) and still nothing. Although I could pull in each individual file, it is time consuming because they require editing the input parameters to pipe delimited, and no headers. This is a workflow I have to run daily, so as much automation as possible is key.

Wesley Mendonca
8 - Asteroid

can you provide your workflow ?

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Are you running via AMP? Is D local or network? What happens if you move your filter logic to a filter tool after the directory tool? (ie using like a regex_match logic for 

regex_match([FullPath],"^.*\\*_ITEM_*\d+\.txt") - or something like that?

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

hm, a restart seems to have fixed the issue, although now I'm getting an error writing to Teradata, but, different issue I think.

Labels