Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Deselect an asset to omit it from the workflow package - is there a default settings ?

srikant96
9 - Comet

Instead of deselecting an asset to omit it from the workflow package - is there a default setting that can be enabled to -  not include them when a workflow is saved to Gallery . i would like to package it only when i need it ....not the other way around. Any settings ? 

Often times I miss this step and a stale data is packaged 

1 REPLY 1
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey  @srikant96  -

To be very, very clear

*USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK*THERE MAY BE OTHER UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES TO DOING THIS*

*ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE MODIFYING A PROGRAM FILE*

Depending on the type of install (User vs Admin), you may be looking in C:\Program Files\ or %APPDATA%\Local\

The rest of the path is: Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\HtmlAssets\Workflows\js\workflowAssets.js

Right click the file, go to Properties, and uncheck "Read-only".

Now, open the file in your favorite text editor.

Go to line 260.

The text of that line is: "window.Alteryx.Gui.Manager.getDataItem(dataItemName).setValue(_asset._checked);"

Comment the line by adding  // in front.  The line should look like this (without the quote marks):

"//window.Alteryx.Gui.Manager.getDataItem(dataItemName).setValue(_asset._checked);"

Now, save the file.

Done.

Labels