Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data preparation

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone ,

I have two datasets , I want to join these 2 to analyze the alerts based on holidays .

Datasets - Dim date data and sales data .

How can I do this ? 

Dim Data Explanation

the flags are "-1" and "0" for holiday and weekend  -1 is TRUE, 0 is FALSE.
For current dataset I have to  use column called carol holidays, is weekend and is NT Weekend.

Sales data Explanation :
It has 4 columns - Week ,Date, Day, Actual .

How I can join this 2 datasets and apply conditions on it to create alerts if there is holiday on weekday then sales should zero if its not its shows an alert. Also what different alerts I can try using these datasets?

Please post your ideas . the help will greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Aishwarya

4 REPLIES 4
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @ash25sumbre ,

I have a bit of trouble understanding what you want to achieve :-). But lets assume you want to give all sales data rows that are on a holiday day the flag "1". You can easily do this by joining it with a table that contains all the holiday days (join it on date). 

Then make it a right outer join (place a union after the join to also get all the sales dates that don't fall on a holiday date). 

After both output anchors of the join (J and R) you can place a formula tool that just gives a flag (1 or 0). 

What makes it difficult for me to understand is that your DimDate dataset doesn't contain date in 2021 while all of your salesdata is in 2021, there's basically no match to be made. An alternative would be to do it on date minus year. 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@ash25sumbre,

Please see below how you can do it:

messi007_0-1629186437364.png

attached the workflow.

Hope this helps!

Regards

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Sebastiaandb 

the scenario is I want to join this 2 tables so I can directly use it while applying conditions ( I don't want to manually create everytime). 

using that conditions following things to find out

1. The sales should not be zero till its weekend or holiday

2. using different statistical measures/logic how different conditions can be made on sales to create alert.(basis of weekdays /weekend/holiday pattern)

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

Hi @messi007 

Thanks for your help . I will try in this way .

Regards,

Aishwarya

Labels