Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find if the day & month of a date string falls between day & month of today +/- 7 days

lisebiss
6 - Meteoroid

Dear all,

I've tried to find the answer to my question but I have been unsuccessful. I am trying to build a flow to display in Power BI the list of Employees having their work anniversary, based on their hire date. I am therefore trying to find a formula that would enable me to return "1" in a new field if the day and month of their hire date falls between the day & month of today's date +/- 7 days (and return "0" if not of course). This way, i could extrat all people showing "1" as having their work anniversary in the past or coming week. The problem is that i have the feeling that Alteryx is not equipped to process operations on dates ignoring the year. Not so sure how to approach this. Would someone have a brilliant idea to share? 🙂 Million thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @lisebiss ,

Can you share sample data ?

@lisebiss  you could use the DateTimeFormat function to separate out the day and month. You could alternatively use the  DatetimeAdd function.=> DateTime Functions | Alteryx Help

Hope this helps.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lisebiss 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1629188030810.png

Hope this helps : )

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Removed as my solution wasn't working for this use case 😅

lisebiss
6 - Meteoroid

Hello ! Thanks to both of you ! @Jean-Balteryx  I cannot really share the whole file because their are confidential data in their but basically it looks like this below. I have tried a formula based on what you mention @Prashant Chamarty but it returns errors, look 😞 That being said I have basically no idea what I am doing, I started with Alteryx a week ago 😄

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I think @atcodedog05 's solution solves your problem !

lisebiss
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @atcodedog05 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and thanks to everyone else as well :)) 😎

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @lisebiss 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm being perfectionist here, but when you have to compare to x and -x, you can use Abs() function to simplify your condition :

IF Abs(DateTimeDiff(DateTimeToday(),[Current Year Occurrence],"days"))<=7
THEN 1
ELSE 0
ENDIF

Labels