Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Cleansing

sariyaj
7 - Meteor

I keep seeing "_x000D_" on my data in Alteryx. In my excel sheet, it shows that there is a line break and then the rest of the data. I know to get rid of line breaks, I have to use the data cleansing tool and remove tabs and line breaks, but that isn't doing anything in this case. How do I get rid of "_x000d_" and display the actual data in that cell?

Thank you for the help!

14 REPLIES 14
apathetichell
19 - Altair

regex_replace([field_name],"\n","")

sariyaj
7 - Meteor

I'm sorry that didn't seem to work, what did you use as the replacement text?

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

The replacement text was nothing. If you look closely, there is the two quotes "" with nothing in-between them. This means that every occurrence of a line break will essentially be replaced with nothing. 

Have you got sample data of what the problem is so we could provide more help? 

sariyaj
7 - Meteor

sariyaj_0-1673902556441.png

For example, this is the data in Alteryx, but in Excel, instead of the "_x000D" there is a line break and then the rest of the address. 

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

Am I understanding correctly that every cell that contains: _x000D_ .. you want to get rid of this part?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@sariyaj It would be very helpful if you can provide the input data in excel instead of the image.

sariyaj
7 - Meteor

Yes, and then display the rest of the data. 

For example, this is what that first one looks like in Excel.

sariyaj_0-1673903266762.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@sariyaj would you be able to attach the excel , when I tried to replicate the same I did not see the _x000D_ in my alteryx.

sariyaj
7 - Meteor

Sure, Here it is.

Labels