Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a dynamic workflow with multiple tabs

cjefferies
5 - Atom

Hello! - I am fairly new to Alteryx and struggling a bit with a workflow I'm trying to create. I will try to describe the desired output as best as I can below:

The goal is to use a singular input file (with consistent columns each time it's generated, but with different data) and create multiple output files (one for each unique identifier in the first column of the input file). 

These output files should have two tabs: 1. a simple pivot with the unique identifier/account name/product family in the first few columns + remaining columns are end dates with total dollar values aggregated for each end date by product family. 2. the exact same format as the input file, but only for the unique identifier used in the first tab (essentially the input file just filtered for one unique identifier) 

This issue I have been running into is when generating tab #1 - the output file contains all end dates from every unique identifier and there are numerous blank columns in each that are not used. I'm also having trouble combining the two tabs into one file.

Please see below for an example input file as well as desired output. The data to be used is confidential and I have tried my best to change & simplify for the exercise. Thanks so much in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

If I understand your request correctly this sample should work for you. You can use a batch macro to process each identifier one at a time and write each to its own tab on the spreadsheet.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@cjefferies one way of doing this with the batch macro

image.png

cjefferies
5 - Atom

@binuacs

Thank you for the quick response! Quick question as I'm new to Alteryx. But what should go in the formula field where you have "//update your path here'."? 

I'm assuming this is a file path to either my input file or output folder, but please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thanks!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@cjefferies Yes, it is for the output path, if you want your files in a specific path you can update here, else all output files will be saved in the same location where your workflow saved

cjefferies
5 - Atom

Hi @binuacs - 

Quick question - but can you explain what the goal of the Formula tool is in this workflow? Having a hard time understanding what should be going in this expression. Apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you

Labels