Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Copying the Contents and Format to an Excel with Multiple Sheets

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for your help if it is possible to create a workflow that would copy the contents of the file to another excel file with multiple tabs/sheets. It is quite complicated and seems to be different since you are showing the data in formatted type. Below is the example of what it should look like:

xxxx.PNG

See attached sample input file. I hope someone would show me how to do this.

Looking forward

Kamen

15 REPLIES 15
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider try the blob tools if you are writing your output in a preformatted template like the attached one. The below posts will give you an idea of how the blob tools works with the preformatted template

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Blob-Reporting-That-Isn-t-From-a-Horror-Film/ba-p/...

https://intersectionsandoverlaps.wordpress.com/2019/09/27/alteryx-excel-templates-with-blob-tools/

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Thanks @binuacs  for the article however, it is possible if you could share me a workflow I can test with so that it would be easy for me to understand it. Is this possible where it will inserted as one of the sheets in the excel created?

Waiting for your response. Thanks.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider You can find a sample work flow attached  in the first post, 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

HI @binuacs 

I really have a hard time configuring this blob. I have tried creating one however, the desired output is not appearing. The output resulted to no template. But if I close the container 29, the template appears. Can you please help me how I can merge both template and the contents of the file. Below is the snapshots of my workflow.

Capture.PNG

Hoping to hear you inputs.

Thanks,

Kamen 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider The workflow from the post was working for you? your template has so many columns that need to be updated, first, create the template and attach a sample input file here

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Anyone here who would like to help me in running the blob workflow?

Please need your very assistance.

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

The workflow is working however it doesn't gave me the desired output. The template is not merging with the data. Please see attached sample files.

Looking forward for your response.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider seems to be your input file also in a template, which makes it more complicated, just wondering if your input template and the output template are the same, what is the difference you are going to see if you transfer the data into your output template?

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Actually what I wanted is to get same formatted results using Alteryx however, for me, we can't just transfer the formatted copy without converting it into unformatted copy. So what my workflow did as you may view my snapshots, I am converting the formatted input file into unformatted copy and then merge it with the template.

If there is an easy way you know that I can get the formatted results, I am gladly open to know your ideas.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kamen

Labels