Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert .Txt File into Image or blob

kcollado
7 - Meteor

I have a .txt file as an input in Designer. Is there a way to convert .Txt file into an image or blob to preserve the format?

The text file has a non-standard delimitation so when I try to convert to excel it's messy. I'm thinking to convert the text file into an image to preserve the formats.

12 REPLIES 12
kcollado
7 - Meteor

thank you for the help and prompt response! I tried the table and render tools plus the render tool but it also didn't work, it can't read text. It only gives me the text file name
kcollado_0-1676456161355.png

Perhaps, do you have anyway that alteryx can read the text file that will retain the format? because I try to convert it to .flat file but the formatting has changed because it has a non-standard format in text file.

kcollado_1-1676456732258.png

kcollado_2-1676456750572.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

what you are looking to do is take a screen grab of a text file - that doesn't work in alteryx.  UiPath/RPA solutions would be able to do this for you.

kcollado
7 - Meteor

thank you for the inputs, @apathetichell! I will keep this in mind and hopefully I will have a workaround for the text file. Thanks a lot!

Labels