Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connection beween Alteryx and Azure Datalake

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

This might not be the right forum to ask this question but here goes,

I've got an workflow that creates an connection with the Azure environment. this connection is used to upload data to the cloud environment.

this works 99% of the time. Within the last couple of weeks I find that it keeps random erroring after the upload.

Within the Azure environment I see that the file is updated but with 0 bytes. so it created an ghost file.

on the Alteryx side I see that the Workflow is completed and that it did write the data to azure.

as an debugging step I've created an second output as a yxdb file. this file contains all the data that should have been uploaded to azure.

My questions are as following:

1. are there any time-out defaults I should be aware of on Alteryx / Azure side?

2. is it possible that due to a glitch/ bug Azure received the table structure and updated it but the containing data was lost?

3. is there a way via Alteryx to check some logging regarding this issue. 

3b. is there a way in Azure to check some logging.

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If it is a timeout it is likely on the Azure side. I believe that you can check what the Timeout is for an HTTP request and stream read and write: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.azure.datalake.store.requestoptions.timeout?vi... 

Are you seeing any errors displayed within Alteryx? You may want to set up an Email event to notify you after run with errors if so. 

BrandonB_0-1658861894256.png

Labels