Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Statement - Refresh

ChelleVaughns
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have a question regarding conditional formatting in Alteryx. I have three excel spreadsheets that I combined into one master spreadsheet in Alteryx. For the three spreadsheets, I want to create a conditional statement that only brings in ( refresh) the rows if there is content in columns B or D.

I've been working on trying to figure this out, and no luck. Also, I could not find an answer in the community. Is there a solution to this question? Please see attached. In this example, the master file would only show rows 1-9 after I auto-refresh the file.

1 REPLY 1
ehughes
9 - Comet

Hi @ChelleVaughns,

I'm not sure how you might go about only brining in certain rows but Alteryx can handle large volumes of data so I would recommend bringing in all of the data and then using a Filter tool to keep only the rows you want. The formula would be:

!IsNull([Initiative]) OR !IsNull([Milestone])

So the output you will get from the T (True) anchor is just the rows where column B (Initiative) or D (Milestone) are not null.

ehughes_0-1607644268943.png

Labels