Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional IF statement with AND + OR statements for SoD analysis

jkorsten001
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I cannot figure out the following conditional function. 

My situation:

jkorsten001_0-1602151061296.png

I want to analyse for each entity in my dataset that the USERID of NEW_ENTITYSTATUS 200 is not the same as the USERID in NEW_ENTITYSTATUS 10 OR 15.

Problem is that it might be the case that sometimes NEW_ENTIYSTATUS status 10 and Sometimes NEW_ENTIYSTATUS 15 is not available, but one of them is for sure. 

Function i tried:

IF ([ENTITY] = [ENTITY] AND [USER ID] AND [NEW_ENTITYSTATUS]="10" OR [NEW_ENTITYSTATUS]="15") = ([USER ID] AND [NEW_ENTITYSTATUS]='200')
THEN "Not desired" ELSE "Agreed"
ENDIF 

This above function is not working correctly, i think because i combined AND statements + OR statements in my formula. But i  have no idea how to write down the statement otherwise. 

I did manage to create a single function that works: 

IF ([ENTITY] = [ENTITY] AND [USER ID] AND [NEW_ENTITYSTATUS]='10' = [USER ID] AND [NEW_ENTITYSTATUS]='200') THEN ""Not desired" ELSE "Agreed"
ENDIF

In this case I am only able to check weather user ID = User ID for NEW_ENTITYSATUS 10 vs 200. 

To make clear, in my example i want to conclude that for Entity 17 the output should be Desired.

Can someone please help me out?

5 REPLIES 5
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @jkorsten001 

My suggestion is likely going to involve the multi-row formula, but do you happen to be able to include the workflow so i can have a look at it directly for you?

Cheers!

Bulien
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@jkorsten001 
I tried the cross tab Tool and Formula Tool as attached.
Check if this is your desired. and please change the switch in formula tool if case sensitive.

jkorsten001.PNG

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You might want to try either a cross tab or transpose tool to compare the actual values to each other by user id.  Without seeing the workflow, it's hard to tell.

But, for your formula:
IF ([ENTITY] = [ENTITY] AND [USER ID] AND [NEW_ENTITYSTATUS]="10" OR [NEW_ENTITYSTATUS]="15") = ([USER ID] AND [NEW_ENTITYSTATUS]='200')
THEN "Not desired" ELSE "Agreed"
ENDIF 

You'll want to add a condition after each AND operator.  Again, not sure what you're going for in the formula, and I like to separate out my AND/OR with parentheses.  Not always necessary, but helps me visually.  Something like:

I also prefer to use Boolean IIF because there's much less typing LOL.

Format is IIF(A,B,C)

If A, then B, else C

jkorsten001
6 - Meteoroid

This works thx all! 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@jkorsten001 
Thank you for the marking.

Labels