Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

turning off user inputs container

ncd
6 - Meteoroid

I have a question being new to alteryx.   I have created a workflow where generally I will have a date range based on the current date and automated that as part of a formula.  I then made a copy of that and replaced the formula with two user inputs and modified that copy so it would take the user inputs instead of the generated dates and put each of these in there own container and here is the question.  I would like to minimize the user inputs container except for those rare cases when I need to minimize the normal workflow and be able to use the user input workflow instead.   But when I minimize the workflow I get the  " Tool Container (359) Disabled containers may not contain interface tools.."  error when I run it. Wondering if there is another/better  way to deal with this or if that is even a problem if I run in regular standard mode as compared to analytic mode?  

Thanks, ncd

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You are not minimizing likely but disabling....try doing this 

joshuaburkhow_0-1602190545499.png

Hope this helps! If it does please mark as solved so others are able to see this 🙂

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
ncd
6 - Meteoroid

thanks Joshua

If I minimize the one with user inputs, it still runs, I was thinking I needed to disable the box in order for it not to run?  but if I did disable the box , that is where I get the error because of the user inputs, if I minimize by choosing what you have shown, it still runs, which is what I don't want to happen.  If that makes sense?

Labels