Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenate All Fields Dynamically

ricoo
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Is there a way in  Alteryx where in I could dynamically concatenate all columns from a data set? I’m thinking of using Multi-Field Formula, but I don’t know how I could apply it. I needed it to be dynamic so that it can accept different data structure from different data sets. If I could make it work, I'm thinking of using it inside a macro.

14 REPLIES 14
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @lhanson2 

Please see the above pic for Dynamic-Replace tool set of post 5 by @ricoo .

ricoo
8 - Asteroid

Hi @lhanson2 apologies, I only got the time now to respond. the solution of @flying008 is working. The configuration for the dynamic replace is posted on my previous comment. But I'll also attach here.

DynamiceRename.png

KGT
7 - Meteor

Another way is a RecordID, followed by a transpose (RecordID as Key Field), then summarise to concatenate, grouping on RecordID. If you want to create JSON for instance, you would need a formula to combine [Name]:[Value] etc before concatenating.

The Dynamic Replace will be much more memory efficient and so quicker runtime, but the transpose/Summarise will be easier to understand/implement

ckelley0
8 - Asteroid

@flying008 I mirrored your work closely.  I made one small modification; I added a Multi-Field tool to change all fields to strings.  Thank you, that was very helpful. 

Spoiler
Alteryx Dynamic Concat.PNG

Carrot_WinWin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @flying008 ,

this is so helpful. do you mind to share the setup for Summarize Tool? Struggling with this, really appreciate

Labels