Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare today's value with Yesterday's Value

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

HI,

I am getting input from 3 different databases.Databases will overwrite everyday with new data's. From 1 input database, I will get all user's count in my organization. everyday the count will change. i need to compare yesterday's loaded value and today loaded value. if value is increased means, I need to show flag like 1 and decreased means 0.

Likewise everyday , I need to compare value with previous day and show the flag as 0 or 1. But I dont have any date fields in my input files.

How to achieve it in alteryx ? since i need to save the output for today's and yesterday's data and pass it to other BI tool for visualization

1 REPLY 1
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Karthick461 

This is a simple solution, but you can expand to take into account additional data as required.Note you will need to have created an Alteryx Database (.yxdb) or another file that contains yesterdays data the first time you run it for it to work correctly.

I've used Text Inputs and a Browse tool to simulate Input/Output tools, but, pull the data in from the database you need, and create a date field using the formula 'DateTimeToday(), then union that with the data saved to an Alteryx Database file that contained yesterdays data, sort by date and create the flag using the Multi-Row Formula tool.

Finally restrict the flow to just the latest record and write that to the Alteryx Database file ready for the workflow to be ran tomorrow.

DavidSkaife_0-1656448965412.png

I've attached the workflow for you to have a look through.

Labels