Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change filter from an APP

macabrera
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have a FILTER Tool with This Expresion -> [tipo] NOT IN ("[X]")

"[X]" is a connection comming from a list box. I want this to filter just the selected items in the List Box... But this is not working. 

Some one have an Idea how to do this?

Thanks

MC

12 REPLIES 12
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Not completely sure about exactly what's going on (maybe the options in the .csv), but here is a workaround:

Your workflow should look like this: 

Workflow

So, you have to:

- Add a Formula Tool before your Filter Tool with this config:

Formula Tool

Change the Filter like this:

Filter

Now, edit your Listbox to get back those double quotes:

Listbox

And finally, edit the Action Tool like this:

Action Tool

Run the module, now it should select the multiple options.

macabrera
7 - Meteor

You are the best!!

Thanks!

:)

cgmoore
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I'm new to alteryx and just joined the community.  I realize this post is very old, but this is what I was finding with my google search when I was struggling to get my list box to filter from an app as intended.  I got it working and figured I'd post it for anyone that might find this post in much the same way I did, who is looking for a simple solution. 

I am filtering a field [industry] from a list box in this example.  The image below shows how I configured the tools.  Hopefully this helps.  Took me a while to step back and figure out to include the quotes in the action tool string replacement.

listboxfilter.jpg

Labels