Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate Forecast by Month

bertal34
9 - Comet

Hello,

I have attached a sample of INPUT data and the required OUTPUT which I am trying to calculate in Alteryx.  Looking at loan data for Jan – Sep 2022.  Requirements: for each loan number, calculate the PD_ACTUAL (9 months) and PD_FORECAST (next 12 months).  The variables in columns F-G change each quarter however I left them the same for simplicity.  Please notice how the formulas change from month to month in calculating forecast.  Additional columns can be added for solution, I mostly need the PD actual & forecast.  I am stuck and don’t know if a macro is necessary.

I appreciate your help!  Let me know if questions!

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @bertal34 

With the attached workflow i was able to make it parcially. The 3 last columns are a pain, but it is possible to do it using the multi row formula with some effort. Maybe you or someone here could finish it :)

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1666046850052.png

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1666046980994.png

Hope this is usefull, later i am gonna try to make these 3 columns work again if there is no solution.

MatthewO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@bertal34 - I was able to replicate your output with the attached workflow. The bulk of the logic occurs in the Multi-Row Formula tool. I hope this is helpful for you!

image.png

bertal34
9 - Comet

@MatthewO this looks right on, THANK YOU so much!!  Glad this is able to be done using the multi-row and no need to process records individually through a macro.

Labels