Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx: How to execute only one input file

SurferJim
7 - Meteor

Hi, Thanks for answering my question in advance.

I have data set that are being generated in 2 different ways depending on the condition.  Each may have other columns but they all have some common columns I am interested in.  After processing the data from each file, they ended up with the common columns (say column A, B, and C).  Then I take these columns and process them further.  Currently I have two different workflow but they are identical besides the Input file and individualized processing of each file.  Is it possible to combine into one workflow and run Alteryx on only one of the input file block?  Please see illustration below.

SurferJim_0-1637373658963.png

5 REPLIES 5
SurferJim
7 - Meteor

Just to clarify, both files are not available together.  I received only 1 file per data set.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@SurferJim 
How about use a Union Tool to connect the two data stream.

We actually use it for local mode and on-line mode.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @SurferJim 

If this workflow is being launched manually, you can use convert it to an analytic app and use Radio Buttons linked to containers to switch between your input files.  

danilang_0-1637406838517.png

The Radio buttons are linked so that when one is checked, the other is unchecked.  This has the effect of disabling one or the other connected containers, so only one is active at any time.  

danilang_2-1637407080538.png

danilang_4-1637407127487.png

Note that a container is disabled when a Radio Button is checked, so you have to set the questions the opposite of effect you want.  The Radio Button with the question "File 1" is actually connected to the container with File 2

Dan

SurferJim
7 - Meteor

Thanks all.  Solutions look promising and should be able to make it work.

joshikalyani
8 - Asteroid

I wanted to execute input files which are available

eg. there are 3 containers, taking 3 different inputs. Everytime all these 3 files are no avilable so how condition can be applied as per no of files available & run those container only which files are available and leave rest as disabled.

joshikalyani_0-1674138068541.png

Labels