Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding fields to identify source data in

OmarH
5 - Atom

Is there a way to manually add a field column in the union tool in order to identify the source data? 

So if I have two inputs, say A and B, connecting to the union tool, how would I manually add a column that would identify which data input each row has?

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelLaRose
10 - Fireball

Hi @OmarH ,

Not in the union, but you can add a formula tool immediately before the union to add an identifier field.

Just make sure that you add a new column with the same name you should be fine.

Best,

Michael

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @OmarH,

you'd add a Formula Tool in every data stream in front of the Union Tool to add a column like 'Source' with different information for each data stream.

Best

Alex

EW
11 - Bolide

Just came here to suggest this idea.  I think it would be really helpful.  Adding a formula tool before the Union is OK, but adding a source field within the Union tool would be a really nice feature.  

Labels