Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Adding Together Rows

Hi,

On the attached sheet, I'm trying to create a formula where if column 'Forecast Type' is 'SL', add together the two rows above it.

So, for example, Row 4 is SL and zero for 2023. Therefore, I want to add together the two rows above it, making the new value 144 for 2023 and 500 for 2026.

I want the same logic to apply to all SL rows, which, in this case, is row 4 and row 7.

Thanks!

2 RESPUESTAS 2
BRRLL99
Bólido

Hi

You can try this formula for each column

use multi row formula : IIF([Forecast Type] = 'SL', [Row-2:2023] + [Row-1:2023], tostring('Null'))
this approach will become static 

you need to apply same formula all columns using different multi row formulas 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @AlteryxLearner23 

As @BRRLL99 pointed out, adding a Multi-row Formula tool per year is static.  Once you roll over to 2024, you'll have to modify the workflow to handle 2029 data.

Here's a dynamic way to perform this

WF.png

Start by removing the null rows, add a row ID and transpose all the Year columns.  Number the columns within each group resulting year rows and sort by Property ID, Column and Record ID.  Use a Multi-row Formula tool to sum the previous 2 values if the Type=SL.  Cross tab to get the original structure and use a Dynamic Rename to remove the underscores that the Cross tab tool inserts.

Out.png

Dan

Etiquetas