Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Grab data from particular data element from HTML of web page

MemphLantAntonio
Asteroide

Hi community

I have a public web page here as an example:

https://aca-prod.accela.com/MILARA/GeneralProperty/LicenseeDetail.aspx?LicenseeNumber=2901014894&Lic...

I need Alteryx to pull the License Expiration Date which in this case is 9/29/2024

I have a WF attached to pull the HTML. 

I am not HTML expert, but it looks like the below is the element I need:

<div>
<a id="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_ucConditon_gdvConditionList_ctl01_lnkExpirationDateHeader" title="Expiration Date " onclick="SetNotAskForSPEAR();" href="javascript&colon;__doPostBack(&#39;ctl00$PlaceHolderMain$ucConditon$gdvConditionList$ctl01$lnkExpirationDateHeader&#39;,&#39;&#39;)"><span>Expiration Date </span></a>
</div>

how do I get Alteryx to read the actual expiration in so that the data shows 9/29/2024

Thank you!!!

4 RESPUESTAS 4
acarter881
Cuásar

Hello, @MemphLantAntonio.

There seems to be an issue with the data received from your request using the Download tool.

Have you considered using Python instead? I mention this because Python is well suited to scraping data from HTML using libraries such as Beautiful Soup and Selenium.

MemphLantAntonio
Asteroide

I just noticed that, you are right, if I "save" as the page to look at the HTML from Edge, I see the Expiration Date in the HTML, but that is not in the WF results that come out of the download tool

Python or R were going to be my next steps but was hoping to be able to do this in Alteryx

acarter881
Cuásar

@MemphLantAntonio yeah that may be tough to debug in Designer. I highly suggest Python, especially since ChatGPT has a Code Interpreter (in Beta mode, available if you pay for the monthly subscription) which is great at helping with Python.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @MemphLantAntonio 

If you want to keep an Alteryx framework around the project, maybe for scheduling on the server, have a look at this Article that gives examples of how to use Selenium within Alteryx.

Dan 

Etiquetas