Community FAQ

How to Post

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

Question

How do I post a question on the Alteryx Community?

Answer

To post a question, all you have to do is navigate to the appropriate discussion forum and select the "New Topic" button.

new topic 1.png

On the post page, in addition to filling out the subject & body fields, you are required to select a label from the right side of the page.

how to post 2.png

To help make it easier for your fellow Community members to assist, we recommend including the following information (if available):

• What Alteryx Version are you using?
  • Do you have a Workflow with sample data you can share?
  • What about a Screenshot?
  • What does the data look like? (original data vs. final output)
  • How would one replicate the issue?
  • Did you receive an error message?

Check out Posting For Fastest Possible Solution for additional tips.

Comments
GEZ
5 - Atom

Hello!

Where can I find beginners interactive videos about the below? 

1. Calculating Averages  

2. Date & Time tool

3. Writing Expressions 

4. Filter Tool

Thanks!

Bgarden
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @GEZ,

Here is an index of training videos available: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Video-Training-Index/td-p/45161

There may not be ones specifically for the 4 tools you're looking for, but these are some descriptions can also be found here (not video format):

1. Calculating Averages  - Summarize Tool or a Formula tool using functions (average found under math)

2. Date & Time tool - DateTime tool

3. Writing Expressions - Formula tool and functions

4. Filter Tool - filter tool and building expressions

Hope this help!

Ben

mlittle
5 - Atom

I have an excel file with 5 worksheets that have both similar and different column headings. I have tried to import these as different tables and use various join commands to append these worksheets into a single table. I am unsure as to how to insert the excel file. I could certainly email it if necessary. 

JohnWood
6 - Meteoroid

Hi. I am unable to log a call. I login but it says my email is not registered despite being the one I login in with and is consistent with the one in my about. I tried registering only to be told my email address is already registered.  I have been 'down' for several hours now and cannot log a call. Thanks

ShaikBadsha
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx community,
I am bulding a wf, and I need to use generate rows tool based on the field total rows (attached SS).
For ex. if the value in total rows column is 90000. I want 90000 rows for each id and available recipient row.

Please help. Thank you in advance for your support.

alteryx 1.png