Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Banner_WC_October Takeover (1).png

Hi, Alteryx Community Members!

Drumroll, please! We are excited to announce the four contestants selected for our Weekly Challenge October Takeover!

Top Four Contestants

With 13 creative and inspiring submissions, we were blown away by your level of participation and the quality of the challenges. After careful review using our contest rubric, we are thrilled to reveal our top four contestants who will have their challenges featured over the next 4 weeks:

• Jessica Emerson (@jessemers), Houston User Group: World Happiness Report (scheduled for publication on September 30)
  • Carolyn Canterman (@Carolyn), Seattle User Group: Help Your Book Club Choose Its Next Book! (scheduled for publication on October 7)
  • Talia Sanders (@tsand22), Indianapolis User Group: It’s Time to Adopt a Shelter Dog! (scheduled for publication on October 14)
  • Akimasa Kajitani (@AkimasaKajitani), Tokyo User Group: Analysis of Surveys Delivered in Onerous Formats (scheduled for publication on October 21)

A huge round of applause for these amazing challenge creators!

Additional Submitters

But that is not all. We would also like to give a special shout-out to our other talented user group members who submitted fantastic challenges. Your efforts are greatly appreciated, and your challenges will be published soon:

Note: All challenge submitters will receive a gift from the User Group Program team in appreciation for your participation. Please contact flavia.brancato@alteryx.com or send a private message here in Community (@FláviaB) to share your address information.

Special Group Award: Tokyo User Group

With four submissions and a challenge selected for the top four, the Tokyo User Group takes home the honor of Most Submissions by a Group! Amazing job, Tokyo members! Each of you will receive special User Group swag for the win. Please contact flavia.brancato@alteryx.com (@FláviaB) to receive your gift.

What's Next

Now, stay tuned for the next phase of the October Takeover!

Starting September 28, we will publish one challenge each week, and Community members will have a chance to solve them. The author of the challenge that receives the most replies in the first 7 days after publication will win the following exciting prizes:

• Alteryx Swag Store Gift Card: $100
  • LinkedIn Post: A shout-out celebrating the winner's accomplishment
  • Certification Bonus:
    • If you are Advanced Certified, you will receive a voucher for the Expert exam (valued at $150)
    • If you are Core Certified, you will get a 1-hour, one-on-one session with one of our expert instructors!
  • Community Badge: Weekly Challenge Contributor

So, get ready for some problem-solving fun! Let’s make this year’s October Takeover one to remember.

Happy solving, everyone!

The Academy Team

Comments
Carolyn
11 - Bolide

Oh hey! That's me!! Woohoo! 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Carolyn 
Congratulations!

I got my name there also. 😁

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I am honored that my challenge was accepted! Please enjoy my challenge!!!

Mert
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you all for sparing your time and sharing the challenges. They provide a big boost for the users' rapid but also reliable development with Alteryx tools.

Carolyn
11 - Bolide

@Qiu - I'm really excited to see the challenges from you and the other Tokyo group members!