Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.
SOLVED

Practice creating conditional statements?

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Hello friends!

I think I need help with the building blocks of conditional statements, or a better understanding of the logic behind them. I am not finding this aspect of the ADAPT course very intuitive, and I have never learned SQL, so maybe that's why. I understand the basic ones but creating a compound conditional statement is a muddled process for me so far. 

Other than just stumbling upon the need to use the Formula tool in the Challenges, is there a more systematic way of learning this either on ADAPT or elsewhere? 

Thanks!

StellaBon

11 REPLIES 11
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @StellaBon ,

Could you give me the week number of the conditional statements in the ADAPT program please ? I'll check how it is explained to be able to help you in the optimal way.

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Hi,

It begins on Week 3, Day 5 of the fundamentals path. I have completed everything up to, but not including, the Capstone Project. Before I do that I am taking a week or two to do more Challenges because I am still pretty slow in general. Thanks!

StellaBon

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @StellaBon ,

That's really nice to dive into challenges, you'll learn a lot by doing them but also looking at how other people solved them !

I'll look into the ADAPT program where you indicated me !

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@StellaBon ,

About conditional statements, you are struggling with statements combining many conditions ? Or with statements having nested conditions ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Hello,

It's the nested conditions that are the trouble. Thanks!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @StellaBon ,

I'll prepare a workflow for you explaining the nested conditions !

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

That is very kind of you, thank you!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @StellaBon ,

Here is a workflow trying to explain conditional statements. Tell me if it suits your need or if I need to change it. Your feedback will help me !

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Thank you!, I will get back to you on how I do!