Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #84: Map Hurricane Harvey's Storm Evolution

karlynlarson
8 - Asteroid

my solution

DeanLewis
8 - Asteroid

It took some doing to join the lines together but I got there in the end.

Spoiler
DeanLewis_0-1648140255606.png

Thanks

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

Hi Natasha, 

I am trying to learn the use Spatial tool. Can you please explain your reason behind using filter and formula tool? why did you filtered out tile number 1 and sequencenum 1? also, I am trying to understand the second formula you used. if you can explain it to me that will be very kind of you.

Rahat

mgaronson
11 - Bolide

I struggled big time with this one. I could not get the line segments connected. With some help, figured out that the 1st row of groups 2-10 had to be duplicated and added to previous group to make the lines connect. I did not agree with part of the solution as the Average Intensity was derived from the original data + the duplicated records. I did both - used Average Intensity from original dataset and Average Intensity from original + duplicated records which matched the solution.

Stacy
7 - Meteor

Like this challenge!!

scoles0617
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Reposting under my new user ID.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

solution attached

Jeremy
8 - Asteroid

There must be a better way to make the lines connect.  This could be done with just a few tools if the lines would connect between segments.

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Challenge #84