Important notice: All Credly Certification exam badges that have been unclaimed for 30 or more days will expire on August 28, 2024. To keep your badges active, log in to your Credly account and claim your badge before the deadline. (Don’t worry, this does not affect your Community badges!)

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #76: Strava Export Parse and Report

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

Got to have some fun with the Reporting Tools on this one!

Spoiler
challenge76.jpg
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My solution. I also filled in the time gaps for consistency, since the tools don't let you plot time on the horizontal axis.

Fun challenge!

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
challenge-76.png
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture3.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture.PNG
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I forgot how bad the report tools were! Bring on plot.ly integration!

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 76.pngWeekly Challenge 76 output.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So - very similar solution to most of the solutions already provided

@JoeM - thank you for the XML exercise - the more XML and JSON and API work we can pack in, the better.

Spoiler
The bad:
- I didn't spot the date regularity issues that @Joe_Mako and @estherb47 used.   Nice Catch!
- Also realise that I'm mixing units - elevation in meters but speed in MPH - @nick_ceneviva

the good: 
But I did get a good excuse to play with the visual layout tool, and native XML importing using the input tool.
Also put the report together with some summary info on the top

2017-10-02_23-52-44.png

The output: 

2017-10-03_0-14-40.png

Natasha
9 - Comet

As always, the most time was spent on making the charting tool to do what I want, which is frustrating especially after using Tableau on an every day basis.

Spoiler
I am not familiar with GPX files, but the first hit in Google told me that GPX, or GPS Exchange Format, is an XML schema designed as a common GPS data format for software applications. 

I input provided txt file as XML file which saved me a lot of parsing. A little bit of metadata from the first rows was lost though it was not essential for this exercise. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 15.22.40.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-12 at 15.16.58.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-12 at 15.17.27.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-12 at 15.17.36.png

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The reporting tools continue to confound, perplex and bamboozle me. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_76 - Snip.PNG
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Used tableau with a mapbox background to map the route.  Created a dashboard with the elevation and map.  Zipped file with workflow and tableau file below.