Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #55: 2013 Alteryx Grand Prix (L1)

tristank
11 - Bolide

It wasn't made clear but I realize now I should've created separate outputs lol. I threw them all together but still got all the data points requested. This will be my last vertical challenge in history what pain.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-05 111617.png

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

done

MitchellBliesner
8 - Asteroid

I accidently did this challenge again. Realized I did it differently so I thought I would post my new solution.

mattnason1
9 - Comet

Tough one but pretty fun.  Seems like a perfect macro opportunity.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The last bit just messed me up, not sure what's up with the Macro!

Spoiler
image.png
Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
instructions kinda confusing
lwolfie
10 - Fireball

I agree with others that some of the instructions were confusing.  I did not interpret the way they were written.

Tgigs
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

Finished in 14 min and 12 seconds, including reading the question and did not use the imputation tool (did it the old fashion way with the average non zero option in summarize tool)

Carolyn
10 - Fireball

Solved as well as I can get it. I pulled the answer from the Solution file but it doesn't match with what I got. Even after I redid the workflow to match how the Solution solved it, I got the same answer as I had previously. I think there's an error in the solution because it doesn't include the General Merchandise information. 

Not a fan of the vertical orientation - between that and the old style tools, it hurt my brain :D 

Spoiler
2023-11-22_12-27-21.png2023-11-22_12-27-36.png

olga_strubbe
11 - Bolide

A neat challenge, thank you, @GeneR.  My solution attached. 

2023-11-30_11-00-51.png