Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #49: Reformatting Transactional Data

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
So to start I used the select records tool to split the data into the 3 lines of header information and the rest of the data set. 

Following the header information, the first tool to be used was the Transpose one. This was done to put the Product/Market/Type into one column rather than them being spread out over different rows. The cross tab tool was used to change the data in column F1 to the Header columns of the data set. This process allowed the data to be displayed in the required format, grouped by Market/Product/Type rather than A/B/C/D. 

For the other part of the original data set, only the transpose tool was required to group the data by Name and Value rather than date. 

The two parts of the data set were then joined and the select tool was used to remove/rename the appropriate columns.

Workflow.PNGResults.PNG
JonServiceNow
7 - Meteor

Transposes can be very tricky at times, even the beginner ones. 

MohithRai
8 - Asteroid

Done🚀

Spoiler
MohithRai_0-1623419244022.png

ShashankRaj12
8 - Asteroid

Nvy
8 - Asteroid

Keeping on learning

pgneal
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Thanks.

SophieJoanna
7 - Meteor

Hello - I have been following this solution through and I may be doing it wrong but the output in your solution doesn't seem to include the date - is that correct? Any help would be appreciated. 

Nethrah24
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
derekbelyea_0-1624292521078.png

zachcornelison
7 - Meteor

Submission attached