Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #424: Optimize the Energy of Your Playlist

balajilolla2
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Solution Attached

Screenshot 2024-04-29 114526.jpg
sophiezero
6 - Meteoroid

It's fun to learn some new tool and configure it properly myself.

One thing I noticed is that songs with the same name, popularity, energy, and duration show with different IDs so I unique on that, the result is different from what is provided.

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 424.png

AGilbert
11 - Bolide

My solution is off my four titles and will check back tomorrow for the learning opportunity. Either way it was a nice push to learn a new tool. 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-04-29 153753.png
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Done! Still need to get better at the Optimization tool

Spoiler
Slightly different answer too
Challenge 424.png
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@AkimasaKajitani 
Thanks for the weekly challenge idea.

Spoiler
Challenge_424.png
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@AkimasaKajitani Thanks, it was a good learning toward my attempt on Expert exam!

Spoiler
image.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

My solution does not match with the expected results.

It may be partially because I used Unique Tool to de-duplicate the song-name values.

But it seems there are some other reasons which I do not know yet.

Spoiler
Workflow
Challenge_424_Workflow.png
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

slight difference, myh objective value was 1257, rather than 1254, would appreciate any help in understanding the variance

alacoume
8 - Asteroid

My solution: 

Spoiler
Challenge_424.jpg
Brando
8 - Asteroid

Hey Community,

I'm struggling with this one, is the Optimization tool supposed to be available in my tool belt or is it a macro that we're supposed to build on our own? My first thought was this could be an iterative macro, but after downloading some of the community solutions, I see the large black question mark of doom. This leads me to believe there is a tool I don't have access to that's required to solve this problem.

Any thoughts on how to get this tool to work?

Thanks,

- Brandon Shuey