Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #416: The Oscars 2024

wheezy
6 - Meteoroid

Really fun one! 🥇

tsand22
8 - Asteroid

OL Solution

JohnFM95
7 - Meteor

😃.

mattnason1
9 - Comet

This one's pretty involved for a core.

celuck
6 - Meteoroid

This was my first challenge so it is a little messy and I need to combine it all into one workflow, but I did get the right answers! This was a fun challenge!

Rob-Silk
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached below

Not sure if others have already mentioned it, but I found difference between my answer and the solution output for Task 3 ("Task 3: Actors/Actresses who won every time they were nominated"). In the solution output there are 117 records of which one 1 "Daniel Day Lewis" with 1 nomination and 1 award. In the data set (CSV) that I have from when I downloaded the challenge, the name is spelt "Daniel Day-Lewis" and he has 6 nominations with 3 awards, meaning that he doesn't fit the criteria for the Task 3 output.

Spoiler
challenge_416_RS_screencap.PNG
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice challenge @Qiu !

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-03-24 213522.png

I am quite confused by No. 3's answer though...

Spoiler
The answer includes Daniel Day-Lewis - but the data shows that he did not win every time he was nominated. He lost out in 1994 and 2003. But I looked at your answer and saw Daniel Day Lewis, without the hypen "-". Can we confirm this?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Rob-Silk 
Thank you for finding that out.
Nice one.👍

synergy825
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge #416 Screenshot.JPG
Erin
9 - Comet

Congrats @Qiu!

My solution is different for Task 3: Actors/Actresses who won every time they were nominated.

Spoiler
Daniel Day-Lewis didn't win every time. 
416pic.jpg