Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #412: Superbowl Time —Lowest-Ranked Football Positions

CASaiRam
7 - Meteor

Hi All. In this challenge join tool was used. Does the choice if which data source would go into which input anchor lead to a change in the output. The reason im asking this is I've used the output of first task of this challenge as input for left anchor and the output of second task as input for right anchor of the join tool. I observed that the data is getting pulled based on the avg rank number from the first task output and it is being getting copied to all the years as the avg rank..

Does the choice of which data set or table goes into right or left anchor make a change to the output of join Tool. Someone please explain this.join 2.PNG

join 1.PNG

We can see the output got the rank value from the left anchor got applied to all the matching records in the right anchor.

But once i swapped the input data from one anchor to another i got a different result.

Please someone explain this. Thanks for your support.

CASaiRam
7 - Meteor

Hi All. In this challenge join tool was used. Does the choice if which data source would go into which input anchor lead to a change in the output. The reason im asking this is I've used the output of first task of this challenge as input for left anchor and the output of second task as input for right anchor of the join tool. I observed that the data is getting pulled based on the avg rank number from the first task output and it is being getting copied to all the years as the avg rank..

Does the choice of which data set or table goes into right or left anchor make a change to the output of join Tool. Someone please explain this.

CASaiRam_0-1717657006792.png

CASaiRam_1-1717657006789.png

We can see the output got the rank value from the left anchor got applied to all the matching records in the right anchor.

But once i swapped the input data from one anchor to another i got a different result.

Please someone explain this. Thanks for your support.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
image.png
Zhengyi
8 - Asteroid

Nice challenge!

Shaktikdhar
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler 

1.jpg2.jpg