Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #396: Analyze the Ultimate Motorsport - Formula 1

joncarro
5 - Atom

Cool to look at F1-related items in prep for the upcoming race!

StevenP
8 - Asteroid

My Solution:

Spoiler
image.png
buisd
5 - Atom
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-11-09 135759.png

wren728
6 - Meteoroid

My Solution

396.png

mg46
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler

396.png

dYoast
11 - Bolide

My results are attached.

Desmond
8 - Asteroid

It appears to be impossible to achieve the level of precision that is in the provided solution due to number of decimal places in the incoming dataset.  I went ahead and matched the number of decimal places in the solution but my answer is off slightly since we do not know the lap times out to 6 decimal places.  

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

Spoiler
My solution....I used crosstab with numbers as text and the converted back to numbers...

Screenshot 2023-11-10 125943.png

nbeamer5
5 - Atom

Solution

tammybrown_tds
9 - Comet

This challenge was confusing in what it was asking for, and where does it says that the "non-rainy" weather conditions should only be "sunny"?  That's not specified in the instructions.  I solved mine both ways -- rainy vs all other conditions, and rainy vs. sunny.

And I don't think this really tells the story of the best driver in rainy conditions.  Driver 1 was faster in ALL weather conditions, but had the best differential between sunny and rainy, so s/he is the better driver in rainy weather?  I don't get it.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-11-10 163427.jpg