Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #387: LEGO® My Data (Part 2)

olga_strubbe
Bólide

This was a tough one.  I leveraged the solution provided by @AkimasaKajitani .  Thank you, Akimasa, for teaching the way to solve it.   I usually get confused with the prep data for List Box and Drop Down tools; and this was a great example of how the data needs to be wrangled in this case.  

gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Download tool enlarges the ability and capability of Alteryx, I like it.

Saqueador
image.png
benjimoser
Cometa

My Solution. I actually did it without a Batch Macro. No idea why this was mentioned in the challenge description. There also seems to be an data input quality issue (e.g. Star Wars Models from 2014 are not listed on brickset.com).

Saqueador

Screenshot 2023-09-06 114019.png

JamesCharnley
Pulsar
Saqueador
image.pngimage.png

Nice tougher challenge

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Saqueador
image.png
ahsanaali
Bólide

This challenge is great for learning/revising interface tools, chained apps, download tool and batch macros. Learned and copy the interface technique between List Box and filter tool from @AkimasaKajitani (very elegant solution)

I opted for Chained Apps to solve this challenge. Here are the screen shots;

Saqueador
App 1 -  Selecting a Collection
Collection selection.png
Saqueador
App2 - Selecting Year released (only years relevant for Collection will show up for selection)

Year released selection.png

Batch macro to download the images

image extraction macro.png

Saqueador
スクリーンショット 2023-09-11 102256.jpg

Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

As officially Solution is attached, I am posting my workflow/App when I was designing this Idea. 

I was so queries how other Aces and great experts will solve it. I believe that reviewing all posted solutions I will learn a lot how it can be done with simpler/better way. Congrats @AkimasaKajitani for being the first one who posted ready solution. Amazing

Thanks you all 

My Solution:

Saqueador
App_view.PNG

PDF_Catalogue.PNG

387 main app.PNG

387 - macro.PNG

rmassambane
Bola de fogo

387!

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

A bit difficult to follow on the download image part, but thought it thru!  I like the way my report came out!

Saqueador
387a.png387b.png