Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #380: Inspire 2023 Grand Prix (Round 3)

robbinrv
Asteroide

Good old random forest, have to say the error is a bit large but got the job done.

Also had a go trying this in Alteryx Cloud Platform > Machine Learning and went for the random forest. Pretty smooth (see attached PPT with model metrics and top 5 in the xslx, seems to disagree though with the Designer Forest Tool)

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-17 174916.png

balajilolla2
Asteroide
Spoiler
Solution Attached

acarter881
Cuásar

Here's my solution. I'm slightly in disbelief at how easy this question is relative to predictive analytics in general.

Spoiler
image.png

ewi7487
Asteroide
Spoiler
Annotation 2023-07-17 123157.jpg
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Couple points that the answers seem to be skimming over:

1. The problem asks about 'collections', not deliveries or other.  (hint: filter by collections) 
  2. The problem asks about which are most likely to 'unsuccessful' so those are the ones to be cancelled. (hint: sort order of most unsuccessful, not most successful) 
  3. Nobody seems to be 'oversampling' (in truth under-sampling the successful, and the reality is the problem doesn't actually direct you to adjust sampling, though I did that here) used a 23.3% based on 'original data'
  4. Even with these caveats, I couldn't match the provided solution. (though provided solution appears to target the 'most' successful', not the most 'unsuccessful', which are the routes we're trying to identify to be canceled)

Spoiler
MT_Solution_380.jpg

jacobcarman
Asteroide
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-17 144508.png

My solution

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Same shifts - but scores different than the expected - seems like others found similar.

Spoiler
380a.JPG380b.JPG

CeliaC_Silje
Asteroide
Spoiler
image.png
olga_strubbe
Bola de fuego

I followed a similar approach in solving this challenge as @RolandSchubert , @ahsanaali and most others.  Thank you, guys, for setting the model, as Predictive tools is not my strongest suit by all means :)

2023-07-18_08-35-43.png

mmontgomery
Bólido

Similar to others on results not matching the provided output

Spoiler

DistanceMiles Hour DayofWeek Score_Success Score_Unsuccessful
5 8 Tuesday 0.948 0.052
5 13 Thursday 0.962 0.038
5 14 Monday 0.966 0.034
5 12 Thursday 0.982 0.018
5 11 Friday 0.982 0.018