Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #380: Inspire 2023 Grand Prix (Round 3)

robbinrv
8 - Asteroid

Good old random forest, have to say the error is a bit large but got the job done.

Also had a go trying this in Alteryx Cloud Platform > Machine Learning and went for the random forest. Pretty smooth (see attached PPT with model metrics and top 5 in the xslx, seems to disagree though with the Designer Forest Tool)

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-17 174916.png

balajilolla2
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution. I'm slightly in disbelief at how easy this question is relative to predictive analytics in general.

Spoiler
image.png

ewi7487
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Annotation 2023-07-17 123157.jpg
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Couple points that the answers seem to be skimming over:

1. The problem asks about 'collections', not deliveries or other.  (hint: filter by collections) 
  2. The problem asks about which are most likely to 'unsuccessful' so those are the ones to be cancelled. (hint: sort order of most unsuccessful, not most successful) 
  3. Nobody seems to be 'oversampling' (in truth under-sampling the successful, and the reality is the problem doesn't actually direct you to adjust sampling, though I did that here) used a 23.3% based on 'original data'
  4. Even with these caveats, I couldn't match the provided solution. (though provided solution appears to target the 'most' successful', not the most 'unsuccessful', which are the routes we're trying to identify to be canceled)

Spoiler
MT_Solution_380.jpg

jacobcarman
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-17 144508.png

My solution

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Same shifts - but scores different than the expected - seems like others found similar.

Spoiler
380a.JPG380b.JPG

CeliaC_Silje
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
image.png
olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball

I followed a similar approach in solving this challenge as @RolandSchubert , @ahsanaali and most others.  Thank you, guys, for setting the model, as Predictive tools is not my strongest suit by all means :)

2023-07-18_08-35-43.png

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Similar to others on results not matching the provided output

Spoiler

DistanceMiles Hour DayofWeek Score_Success Score_Unsuccessful
5 8 Tuesday 0.948 0.052
5 13 Thursday 0.962 0.038
5 14 Monday 0.966 0.034
5 12 Thursday 0.982 0.018
5 11 Friday 0.982 0.018