Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #353: A Pokémon Tournament

sakifchowdhury1
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
353 ss.png

C353 solution

bmerril6
7 - Meteor

Not pretty at all!  But I got there.  :) 

Spoiler
Challenge 353 Snip.JPG
Rob-Silk
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached below - without the JSON Parse tool (wish I had thought of it though!)

Spoiler
challenge_353_RS_screencap.PNG
millerbp
8 - Asteroid

need to add in gen 9

snbandi
8 - Asteroid

My solution

angeloingram
5 - Atom

My solution !

mwong
8 - Asteroid

Loved this one!  I image there are a couple of things I could have done more efficiently:

1. Use 1 RegEx tool instead of a RegEx + Formula + Text to Columns + Data Cleanse.

2. I used 2 separate Crosstab tools + a Join to display Pokemon 1 Type 1, Pokemon 2, Type 2, Pokemon 3 Type 3 (I decided to add this component to challenge myself). But I wish there was a way to just arrange it all with 1 tool!

But I could not figure out any other way!  Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts.  Nonetheless, fun and enjoyable.  My solution:

Capture.PNG

asultanov
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-02-28 113842.png
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

went for slightly more tools with the data parsing, rather than trying to do it all in one regex

Erin
9 - Comet

Practiced my RegEx 😎