Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #353: A Pokémon Tournament

AdamH
7 - Meteor

solution

NMangera
10 - Fireball

workflow.png

Takeaway

1.  tool: JSON Parse. does what says on the tin to extract key-value pairs

2. tool: arrange. vertically stack specific columns together (similar to union)

3. sequence: transpose post join if presented with option, as common linking field may be required to match both tables

Tgigs
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

The order of my pokemon in the final output is not the same as the order in the solution. To fix this I would need to include the pokemon number so I could resort the data to its original sort order.

adamweaver39
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Fun challenge! Although I'm not sure why Misty didn't make the cut on the OG output on the start file... she qualifies according to my flow! challenge 353 - alteryx flow.jpg
jflanigan
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
image.png

miles33076
7 - Meteor

Maybe my best challenge yet. However, it maybe should have been mentioned we were looking for a combination of 8 distinct types not just types alone. Since one Pokémon could have one or two types attributed. Still challenge accepted. 

alineruizcampos
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 353.png

jacobcarman
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-19 100037.png

My solution

OzlemSigbeku
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler