Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

JXEC
7 - Meteor

You know, there's a couple of small errors in terms of what's written. Mostly the examples and P.1K being D.1K in the provided set.

Regardless, here's my solution.

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Tony_Castillo_0-1628194681566.png

nisa_m
7 - Meteor

Challenge done...

Ollie_M
6 - Meteoroid

This is my solution. Output format is different but the values are still accurate. Personally I think this is a superior output format. 

Spoiler
Ollie_M_0-1629124896550.png

JesusER
8 - Asteroid

My solution!!! 

Spoiler
JesusER_0-1629127251755.png

dbmurray
8 - Asteroid

Can't say I was super into this challenge (I guess the data was somewhat meaningless and difficult to understand what it represented). However solved - exactly like the posted solution it turned out. 

Spoiler
challenge3.PNG

matthewblandford
7 - Meteor

I believe this is technically correct...I think the target output has incorrect data...it appears that the 6-month rolling averages are incorrect once you change RM Categories (I looked at the proposed solution after creating mine, and it looks like the Multi-Row Formula doesn't group by RM Category on the 6-mo average, even though you should). Regardless, I believe this is what they were going for!

Daniel_Griffith
7 - Meteor

Done!

Manually created 5 months of past data (same info as 1st month) - didn't realise the multi-row tool would use the top row of data when asked to return something from a negative row.

Different output format, but the same info.

MichaelPilotFreight
8 - Asteroid

Check out my solution!

jenner85
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx freezes every time I open this workflow - anyone else having this issue?