Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #244: Cats and Dogs

marioyuwono
8 - Asteroid

244.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Spoiler
Weekly_Challenge_244.JPG
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
jamielaird_0-1611167988846.png

rajenderk18
8 - Asteroid

Here is my Solution:

Spoiler
rajenderk18_0-1611176893904.png

Sash
7 - Meteor

Resolved

robert-headington
8 - Asteroid

I haven't actually used the report map tool before (I generally use tableau for maps) so this is useful to know for when I need to enbed a map into a pdf report. Also useful to use the report header tool again as it's been a while.

I used the data in the states yxdb instead of getting the sq miles from the spatial info tool. After finishing, I saw the solution used square miles which looks nicer on the map legend so I did a rough conversion (*335.0.000135) to get closer to sq miles instead of copying the use of the spatial Info tool.

I have kept the truncated axis in my solution as a reminder of how to truncate them (not that it's hard to do). However I will avoid truncating any other bar charts in the future in any solutions in the future (I'm doing these in a weird order) as it's bad visualization practice to do this.

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_244.PNG
danicahui
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 244 2021-03-03.jpg
BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1615990382016.png

Completed but I've had to compromise with the header.  I have had to settle for it being part of the Layout - I just can't get the Render tool to treat it as a header for some reason.  No matter in this case - report looks the same.

rcarog
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.