Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #239: SEND + MORE = MONEY

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

MIS POSTED wrong challenge - ignore

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
239 - 1.png239 - 2.png239 - 3.png

Went for brute force method as well. Was think setup a macro to generate rows, but I found it is easier just to do copy & paste as answer workflow did. Added filter just to reduce output rows.

Run under 1 minute with AMP engine. 

Not a dynamic solution.

joelmiller66
9 - Comet
Spoiler
239 screenshot.jpg
scoles0617
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

SylwiaDragon
8 - Asteroid

Done. It reminds me of sudoku.

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Reposting under my new user ID.

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Challenge #239. Worked through assumptions and concluded M=1; O=0; S=9. Randomly assigned other variables into an iterative macro that can take seconds to a few minutes.

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Most of the methods I tried were taking a long time to calc, based on brute force. After trying a Pandas Python frame I noticed someone else utilize, I had to go that route, a 5 second calc was just insane compared to the brute force methodology.  Couldn't have gotten this without other contributors in the community.

Spoiler
MP 239b.jpgMP 239a.jpg
TramNguyenNgoc
8 - Asteroid

Challenges about Letter, puzzles like this are always fun but also tough!

Spoiler
TramNguyenNgoc_0-1659085239746.png

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1659344455598.pngJamesCharnley_1-1659344498731.pngJamesCharnley_2-1659344515439.png

Sometimes I think I'm getting good at Alteryx and then I end up doing a challenge with a brute force like this! In retrospect I obviously should have set positional conditions before running it through the macro.